Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Divergence in Question

I feel quite a bit like this photo I took (Youngstown how I love you in all your broken  beauty): paths diverging.  What path to go down? (Metaphorically I am like that abandoned train; left on the tracks, stalled, violated by outsiders...maybe I'm riddled with so much regret that I can't seem to further myself).

I've always enjoyed this quote from Alice in Wonderland about being indecisive.  When you truly don't know about something it renders it useless.  Does it matter where you end up if you aren't cognizant of where your ultimate destination is?  I don't think it does.  Indecisiveness can be helpful in some ways in that it's like you're clay that can be molded, reshaped, made into something beautiful.  Or maybe you've just become so far lost that no matter what path you choose, you just keep walking aimlessly.  Please let me hit some goals/strides.  I really need to reframe my thoughts and thinking. 

Word of the Day: Defenestration
Song of the Day: "Thanks for Everything" by Dismantled (Gary Zon's lyrics are always quite cynical/biting but I enjoy them when in the mood)

SCIENCE! http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/08/gut-microbes-linked-eye-disease
Because now you can fear that gut microbes are invading your eyes.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment